Terra Cypria-the Cypriot Foundation for the Protection of the Environment is seeking for a candidate for the position of the Environmental Policy Officer.
Environmental Policy Officer
|Work Hours||Full-time, 37,5 hours per week|
|Salary||Depending on qualifications|
|Employeer||Terra Cypria – the Cypriot Foundation for the Protection of the Environment|
|Trial Period||12 months|
The Environmental Policy Officer will be responsible for Terra Cypria’s cycle of activities on various environmental policy issues, both with regard to the wider public, with politicians and technocrats, as well as with other relevant organizations.
He/She will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff of the Foundation and will be responsible for the implementation of specific environmental policies and other issues (local, European and International) to be entrusted to him/her. At the same time, he/she will be responsible for promoting the Foundation’s positions and arguments and representing the Foundation in various committees and events.
- Participation in various technocratic and parliamentary committees, and quoting, analyzing, and defending the Foundation’s positions.
- Provide scientific support to various campaigns and other activities of the Foundation.
- Conduct scientific and bibliographic research, to formulate views and positions on various issues that will be assigned to him/her.
- Participation in field excursions for observation and control of various environmental parameters.
- Participation and assistance in various events, seminars and other activities of the Foundation.
- Participation in the writing and implementation of programs funded by the EU and other institutions.
- Assistance to the Executive Director and the rest of the staff for additional work, if the need arises and is asked from him/her.
- Higher education degree
- Ability to write and communicate in written and spoken language in Greek and at least in English.
- Very good computer knowledge.
- Driving license.
- Strategic thinking, ability to prioritise and work efficiently under tight timetables.
- Very good team working ability and collaboration with other individuals or groups.
- Very good persuasive skills.
- Pleasant and communicative personality with the ability to adapt behaviour according to the place and the people with whom he/she comes into contact.
- Willingness to work beyond defined working hours, including weekends or other holidays if necessary, as well as business trips locally, nationally and abroad.
Additional qualifications to be considered as an advantage:
- BSc in Environmental Sciences or other relevant subject.
- Previous experience in a similar job.
- Postgraduate degree
- Good GIS skills
Please send your full work biography and cover letter to Mrs. Skevi Symeonidou (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject ‘JOB POSITION’, until 20.02.2019. The applications will be strictly kept confidential.