Job Title: Conservation and Communications Officer
Employer: Terra Cypria The Cyprus Conservation Foundation
Reports to: Terra Cypria Executive Director
Working condition: Full Time
The Conservation and Communications officer will be responsible to for addressing the needs arising from the needs and obligations of the Foundation to the project entitled Habitat Restoration and Wise Use for Akrotiri and Cape Pyla, funded by the Darwin Initiative. The officer will have to work both in the office and the field and also be able to travel to Akrotiri and Cape Pyla as well as other destinations on the island for the needs of the project.
- Conduct communication and awareness activities for the promotion of ecotourism in Akrotiri
- Promote the importance of the area, including the biodiversity and the traditional products.
- Promotion of the project activities in social media and other media.
- Identify and develop in collaboration with local people, other project partners and other stakeholders, means of new business opportunities in the area, related to environmentally sustainable practices.
- Participation in Invasive Alien Species (Acacia saligna) eradication actions and desk exercise to identify best practices for future habitat restoration.
- Collaboration during the development of various reed management strategies at Zakaki marsh
- Collaboration with the project partners and local farmers and other stakeholder for the development of a sustainable grazing plan at Fasouri Marsh for the benefit of the biodiversity and the local farmers.
- Participation in the development of an access management plan for sensitive Akrotiri habitats
- Collaboration with the Executive Director and the other partners of the project to bring into force the project actions.
- Educated to the degree of BSc
- Excellent Greek (speaking reading and writing)
- Very good English (speaking reading and writing)
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Driving Licence for manual gear box
- Excellent Communication Skills and adaptive behaviour to different circumstances
- Able to conduct field work
- Flexible to undertakes evening, weekend work
- Studies Related to Environment
- Education to the degree of MSc or higher
- More than one year experience in job related to the environment
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ‘JOB POSITION’, until 20.09.2021.
The applications will be strictly kept confidential.