At Terra Cypria-the Cyprus Conservation Foundation we need your support to maximise our effectiveness. The more supporters we have, the stronger our voice will be to fight for the protection of our island’s environment.
Your personal data privacy is very important to us, so we handle it with respect and we take care to ensure its protection.
What is Personal Data?
It is the information or combination of information that could, under certain conditions, lead to your identification.
What data are we collecting and processing?
Subscribe as a supporter
If you choose to support our vision by joining us, then we will have the following personal data in our electronic file:
- Name and surname *
- Email address *
Items with * are required
With your consent, we will use your information above only to:
- inform you about our activities so you can contribute if you wish
- send out news and information related to the environment
send out invitations to our events, and enable you to participate actively in environmental protection.
Register as a Volunteer
Environmental protection is often based on your own voluntary contribution. Different needs often arise, which can also be covered through your voluntary action. These needs arise during the year and our volunteers are informed electronically or by telephone. Your help is important to continue our work.
If you volunteer with us, then the following personal data will be stored in our records:
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Age group
- Sector of interest for voluntary action
Site Navigation and Cookies
You can visit the Terra Cypria Foundation website without any personal data being collected. Personal data is only obtained by filling out the Foundation Support Form or if you want to become a Volunteer. If you choose to enable cookies, then we will collect information about your behaviour on our site. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the web browser cache of the person visiting the page. By using cookies we do not receive any file from your computer. We do not use this information or transfer it to third parties to advertise with special tools via the Internet.
You can disable the cookies by following the steps below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Select menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Select “privacy”
- Select the desired action
- Select Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” select “Content settings”.
- Select “Cookies” and then the desired action
- Select Preferences> Privacy
- Select “Remove all Website Data”
- Select “tools” then “Options”
- Select the “privacy”
- Select “cookie” and then the desired action
Opera 6.0 and others
- Select Files “>” Preferences “
- Privacy and then the desired action
When visiting the Foundation’s website, we use Google Analytics to collect only the number of visitors to our site, and we do not know any other information that leads to a person’s identification. The reason we do this is to find out what you find interesting on our site and to make sure we improve.
When jobs are announced at the Foundation, we invite interested candidates to send us their CV for evaluation. But we also often receive CVs from interested candidates for employment in our Foundation without posting a job advertisement.
In cases where we announce jobs, your resume will be stored electronically and in paper format for as long as the evaluation process is in progress. After completing this process, we communicate with the unsuccessful candidates by sending a letter or email and, if we have their consent, keep their CV until the 20th of December of each year, for any possible future need for staff at the Foundation.
Anyone can contact us at any time and ask for their CV to be deleted earlier than the 20th of December of the year. Communication can be achieved by sending us an e-mail or a letter by mail. When we receive a request to delete a resume from our record, we take the appropriate action within three business days and inform you that we have done so. Under no circumstances do we pass on CVs to other agencies.
Why do we process personal data?
We process your personal data only if one of the following databases appears:
- when they are necessary in order to create a contract between us
- there is a legitimate interest in the Foundation which doesn’t conflict with yours
- to safeguard the vital interest of the Foundation without conflict with yours
- when you have given us full, free and explicit consent to use them
- for the performance of duties in the public interest or the exercise of public authority
- where there is a legal obligation to collect and process them.
Security of Your Personal Data
We take the right measures to secure your personal data through technology. The personal data mentioned above is collected responsibly and stored in the Terra Cypria Foundation’s archive. Our security measures are continually improving in line with technological progress to continue to ensure the security of your personal data. Personal data is handled by authorised personnel with sensitivity and only when necessary.
Right to your Personal Data
- request that we permanently delete from our records (electronic and/or printed) your personal data that we have collected and processed.
- request that we inform you about your personal information that we have collected and processed.
- request that we change your personal information that we keep in our records.
- withdraw the permission you have given us to process your personal data.
Modification of these terms
The Terra Cypria Foundation may make changes to these data protection terms and conditions, under the applicable laws. If we make any modifications we will notify you and the amendment will be effective from the day of posting on the website.
Collection and Processing Manager
Terra Cypria-the Cyprus Conservation Foundation is responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data.
Contact Phone: + 357-25320034
Email Address: Info@terracypria.org
Address: 341 Agios Andreou, PO 51692, Limassol, 3508, Cyprus